Complementary medicine for a lifetime.
"Let food be thy medicine and let they medicine be food."
By working together to build your complete wellbeing picture, the CONTENT Naturopaths employ both holistic and allopathic diagnostic tools to create a personalised treatment plan and support your ongoing health goals.
Our practitioners use a number of modalities including naturopathic nutritional therapy, herbal medicine, homoeopathy and iridology to guide you to total wellbeing.
WHAT IS NATUROPATHY?
Naturopathy is a relatively new term used to describe an alternative healthcare practitioner who uses Western Medical Herbalism, Nutrition, Homeopathy & Iridology to inspire, nurture and support you towards optimal health.
Naturopaths believe that the body has an innate ability to heal itself and if nurtured correctly can rebalance itself and re-achieve homeostasis. Naturopathic principles embrace the theory that health is not just the absence of disease but the acquisition of abundant energy, emotional stability and optimal function for all tissues and body systems. Other fundamental principles are:
- "First, do no harm" - Hippocrates (460-377BC). The aim of the Naturopathic practitioner is to gently, subtly and effectively help you guide your body towards health & homeostasis
- Promote health by identifying and removing any obstacles to cure - such as smoking, pollutants, nutritional deficiencies etc...
- Use inspiration and education to restore and excite responsibility for one's own health
A Naturopathic practitioner views each patient as an individual, with individual needs, responsibilities and requirements. The practitioner endeavours to understand each individual by exploring their physical, mental and emotional symptoms. In doing so, they can better create healthcare advice to suit the individual's needs.
WHICH CONDITIONS CAN NATUROPATHY HELP?
Many conditions may benefit from a naturopathic approach, including some of today's more common presentations such as:
- Digestive - flatulence, burping, bloating, IBS, constipation, diarrhoea
- Skin - eczema, rosacea acne and psoriasis
- Immunity - frequent colds, coughs and allergies
- Stress management - nervous system disorders such as insomnia, low mood, anxiety, nervous tension
- Energy - erratic energy or fatigue
- Hormone imbalance - insulin resistance, adrenal stress, thyroid imbalance
- Reproductive - PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, fertility, menopause, lowered libido
- Neurological - Dementia, Alzheimer's disease
- Allergies - Hayfever, sinusitis, rhinitis
- Chronic conditions Arthritis, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disease...
- Weight Management
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR CONSULT
During a Naturopathic consult, the practitioner will investigate all physical, mental and emotional symptoms present so a complete symptom picture can be obtained. They will additionally examine aspects of the patient's diet, lifestyle, stressors and environment so ultimately a holistic view of the patient's health is captured. By focusing on the detail of a patient's case, the Naturopath can easily tailor health advice to suit the patient's individual needs.
• Introduction: Welcome Pack, either via email. Includes patients details form, food diary and online health assessment to complete prior to your appointment to allow the best use of time during your initial consultation
• Outcome: Individualised treatment protocol using naturopathic techniques with food and lifestyle goals to address your presenting signs and symptoms
• Analysis: of your current health and initial treatment outcomes
• Revision: of your treatment protocol and modification to address any ongoing symptoms and to suit your daily needs and lifestyle.
Depending on your health and the wellbeing goals you would like to achieve you may expect to visit your naturopath 2- 4 times.
We recommend a health check up every 6 - 12 months.
Your naturopath may specify either blood, salivary or stool analysis for diagnosis or monitoring of your health. Testing is at an additional cost.
TO BOOK A CONSULTATION Phone 020 3075 1006 or REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT