How Does the Treatment Work?
From a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) perspective, a weak digestion is seen as being responsible for the formation of cellulite.
In TCM the organ central to digestion on an energetic level is the Spleen. It is responsible for moving the fluid from our broken down food to the area of the body where it is needed, and transporting the waste fluid to be excreted. When the spleen is weak and function is impaired, fluid and toxins start to accumulate in the body. This is then pushed up to the surface of the body just below the skin, where your qi (energy) travels, creating a bumpy appearance to the skin.
What Does the Treatment Include?
with a massage of the area using the Amala Detoxifying Body Oil which
contains the essential oils myrtle, with Sea Algae and Apricot Kernal Oil to help stimulate lymphatic
- Mediterranean Myrtle cleanses and detoxifies skin by stimulating cell metabolism and promoting healthy cell turnover.
- French Sea Algae helps firm skin by minimizing the destruction of healthy cells
that can lead to looser, less dense skin.
Apricot Kernel protects skin from pollutants and provides hydration that mimics skin's own natural oils.
Cupping may then be used to help break down the stagnant fluid, followed by acupuncture needles being placed in the body using points to strengthen the Spleen and regulate the body's fluid metabolism.
also be placed shallowly around areas of severe cellulite to encourage lymphatic drainage in the area.
Electro-acupuncture may also be used to provide extra stimulation.
As this is quite a strong treatment, Reiki is used to aid relaxation.
To end, treatment advice is given on skin care, and nutrition for healthy smooth skin on the body.
How Long Does it Take to Work?
For best results regular weekly treatments should be scheduled for 2-3 months.
A course usually involves between 8–12 treatments with sessions taking place once or twice weekly. The initial course may be followed by regular maintenance sessions to boost and sustain the beneficial effects of the initial therapy. Response to treatment varies and is dependant upon age, general health, diet and lifestyle and skin-care regime.
Please note: In some cases patients may require regular acupuncture, to strengthen the qi (energy), prior to commencing this specialist treatment. The initial appointment will include an assessment on whether this treatment is likely achieve the results you require. An alternative or additional treatment may, on occasion, be advised to help reach the desired results. If for some reason you are unable to have the treatment on the day an alternative will be offered.
Is this Treatment Suitable for Everyone?
It is also unsuitable for
- anyone attempting to get pregnant
- anyone suffering from pathologies of the lymphatic system or peripheral neuropathy.
- during your menstrual cycle
- if you suffer from high or low blood pressure or hypertension
- severe sunburn
- operations or injuries to legs, pelvis, buttocks, spine within the previous 3 months
- blood clots
- general weakness or frailty
- infectious conditions
Please phone to reschedule if needed.
- Cellulite Treatment Single Session - 75 min | £85
- Cellulite Treatment Course of 3 Sessions - 75 min | £212.50
- Cellulite Treatment Course of 6 Sessions (6 mth expiry) - 75 min | £425
Booking Your Treatment?
Please check the list of contraindications above prior to booking this treatment.
Appointments are available Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Please phone 020 3075 1006